Southern California has one of the most temperate climates in the world… but while we enjoy more sunny days than most, the sun can also play a role on the outside of our home, especially when it comes to our patios and balconies. For safety reasons, it is necessary to have your outdoor structures assessed annually. But besides weather-related wear and tear, balconies can also break for other reasons. Whether it’s termite damage, wood rot, age, or simply poor construction, an expert patio and balcony repair company can properly assess your outdoor structures and work with you to develop a design plan.
Unfortunately, decks and balconies break down over time and become increasingly unsafe for a number of reasons, including::
- wood rot
- Age of
- bad construction
Best price repair process
Best Rate offers a wide range of materials, design options and expertise to bring your vision to life. So even if you currently have a wooden balcony in need of repair, our team can help you completely redecorate your balcony using different materials and approaches. Our team can make sure repairs or redesigns fit your vision as well as meet your budget and time frame.
Typically, our repair process for wooden balconies is as follows:
Step 1: Assessment
Whether your property is new construction or an older site, our repair estimators know exactly what to look for. We’ve worked on historic buildings, modern apartments, multi-family homes, mid-century homes, offices, suburban homes, and more. Our team will assess your property and look for signs of rot, termite damage or other problems.
Here are a few examples of things we’ll look for:
- Wooden fascia that is warped, split, or damaged
- Small, pointy holes Repair wooden balcony Repair wooden balcony
- Maze-like patterns
- Crumbling, damaged wood
- Structures moving away from supports
Step 2: Repair and Redesign Plan
If our team finds problems, we will make a repair proposal with all available repair and redesign options. Sometimes we can insulate and repair the damaged piece of wood, which saves on the cost of additional material. If the damage is too great, we can recommend a rebuild. In that case, we will work closely with you to create a repair plan, using creative solutions to address the specific repair needs of your property.
Structural repairs to balconies and other load-bearing structures should be considered critical and never turn of. The good news is that we repair a wide variety of balcony types, including:
- Stacked balconies. This is the most common balcony construction and is not connected to the building itself. As a result, they have a minimal load on the building or construction.
- Cantilevered or projecting balconies. The weight of cantilevered balconies is supported by a technical system called cantilever. These types of balconies usually extend from the front of the building without a clear support system.
- Suspended balconies. Often seen in cities and dense urban areas, these balconies are suspended from stainless steel cables attached to the edges of the balcony and a large slab is connected to the building at a 45-degree angle.
- Balcony deck. We also repair balcony decking, which encompass the floor of the balcony. The integrity of the patio is just as important to consider as the structure itself. We can use a wide variety of decking materials including wood, laminate, metal or other types of materials.
Depending on your current balcony design and repair/design needs, we establish a budget, timetable and expectations so we can create a game plan that works best for you.
Step 3: Design
During this phase we discuss your material options. Because the sun can be so damaging when it comes to wood rot, we’ll look at both composite and wood options. Both have their pros and cons. For example, composite meets Southern California fire standards and helps prevent damage from termites and other pests. No sanding, painting or staining is required and it resists fading and degradation. But composite is also usually more expensive and does not have the warmth that real wood has. On the other hand, wood is beautiful and often more budget-friendly, but it requires a lot more maintenance. Piece? Which is good! Our team can help you decide what best suits your home and create a design that you will enjoy all year round.
About our team
We have been serving San Diego since 2002 and have more than 1,000 satisfied customers. At Best Rate Repair, we pride ourselves on getting the job done right and on time. Our team of contractors and estimators are certified for deck evaluation by the North American Deck and Railing Association (NADRA). We are proud to say that more than half of our sales come from customer referrals. Get started on your composite decking project today by calling our team.